Apply for a Certificate in Cortical/Cerebral Visual Impairment (CVI)

You may choose to receive a certificate, rather than an MEd, in vision studies. The process for applying to the cortical/cerebral visual impairment (CVI) certificate program is outlined below.

For more information about our CVI certificate, please contact Dr. Laura Bozeman (617.287.4385) or Tammy Reisman.

Online Application Applicants are accepted into the CVI certificate program once a year for the fall semester. The application deadline is July 1. Office of Graduate Admissions only
Transcripts Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended. A 3.0 undergraduate GPA is required. Office of Graduate Admissions only
Two Letters of Recommendation Use the forms provided by the Office of Graduate Admissions. Emphasis should be on academic and professional references. Office of Graduate Admissions only
Test Scores: GRE, MAT, or MTEL If you do not have a master’s degree, you will be required to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Miller Analogies Test (MAT), or Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure (MTEL). Office of Graduate Admissions only
Statement of Interest and Intent (Required Writing Sample)

Submit a two-part essay:

1. Explain your reasons for wishing to pursue graduate studies (approximately 300 words).

2. Indicate your specific interest in Cortical/Cerebral Visual Impairment and discuss the type of work you would like to do in this field (at least 1,200 words).

This statement will be reviewed for both your overall message and your ability to write at the graduate level. Proofread your writing carefully; it is ranked according to its clarity, grammar, and syntax.

Office of Graduate Admissions only
Personal Interview with Faculty Member When the Office of Graduate Admissions has notified us of your completed application, we will contact qualified candidates to arrange an interview (either in person or via teleconference). We will contact qualified candidates.
International Applicants Only: TOEFL Scores International applicants are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Office of Graduate Admissions only
School for Global Inclusion and Social Development
in the College of Education and Human Development