Apply for a Certificate in Orientation and Mobility (O&M)

You may choose to receive a certificate, rather than an MEd, in vision studies. The process for applying to the orientation and mobility (O&M) certificate program is outlined below.

For more information about our O&M certificate, please contact Dr. Laura Bozeman (617.287.4385), Darick Wright, or Paula Kosior (617.287.7584).

Application Checklist

Online Application

Applicants are accepted into the O&M certificate program once a year for the summer semester. The application deadline is March 1.

Office of Graduate Admissions only.

Specify that you are applying to the Vision Studies, Orientation and Mobility (O&M) track, certificate only.

Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended. A 3.0 undergraduate GPA is required.

Office of Graduate Admissions only
Two Letters of Recommendation

Use the forms provided by the Office of Graduate Admissions. Emphasis should be on academic and professional references.

Office of Graduate Admissions only
Test Scores: GRE, MAT, or MTEL

If you do not have a master's degree, you will be required to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Miller Analogies Test (MAT), or Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure (MTEL).

Office of Graduate Admissions only.

Statement of Interest and Intent (Required Writing Sample)

Submit a two-part essay:

1. Explain your reasons for wishing to pursue graduate studies (approximately 300 words).

2. Indicate your specific interest in Orientation and Mobility, and discuss the type of work you would like to do in this field (at least 1,200 words).

This statement will be reviewed for both your overall message and your ability to write at the graduate level. Proofread your writing carefully; it is ranked according to its clarity, grammar, and syntax.

Office of Graduate Admissions only
Personal Interview with Faculty Member

When the Office of Graduate Admissions has notified us of your completed application, we will contact qualified candidates to arrange an interview (either in person or via teleconference).

We will contact qualified candidates.
International Applicants Only: TOEFL Scores International applicants are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Office of Graduate Admissions only
School for Global Inclusion and Social Development
in the College of Education and Human Development